Saturday, July 19, 2008

This is Thriller

Day 55 July 15 – This is Thriller

Today was a long day, busy busy busy. The first thing I did was work with Dr. Waheed as he stocked another net with four male and female catfish. Tim and I picked out the fish this time, Tim’s first time working with live catfish. I also looked at the hours old catfish fry that we worked on yesterday. The catfish eggs are much smaller than Tilapia eggs, the fry also hatch from their eggs much smaller.

Tim has a schedule that lists when he needs to perform the different tests on water samples from the pond. Some tests need to be preformed every two days, while other only need to be done once a week. Today it worked out that we had to do every single test. This process took almost three hours but game us something to fill our time, a nice change.

For about the tenth straight day we had pasta with tomato sauce on it for dinner. I think I will go into town tomorrow to get a haircut. It only costs a dollar here so I will do it now so I don’t have to spend thirteen dollars when I get home. I’m getting more and more excited to come home. I love to make fun of Tim because he has to stay here for another two weeks alone. I am so excited to hang out with Sean and go see all the movies I missed. And I miss my wonderful bikes, the trails are calling to me.

Afternoons here are pretty boring so we have to find ways to entertain ourselves. Tonight we watched Jurassic Park II, terrible movie. After that we just put iTunes, full blast on shuffle, hilarity ensues.

1 comment:

Tim said...

That took a few days to use.

Should have scared your body guard, though.