Saturday, July 19, 2008

Goodbye Tim

Day 58 July 18 – Goodbye Tim

Today is my last day at Abassa, Egypt; and my last day with Tim Sprick. I spent the morning cleaning my room and filling my suitcase. After spending about an hour cleaning up, I cooked myself breakfast. Then I headed over to the office to find Tim already looking around the internet. It was then he told me that he was leaving at three to go to some church I had never heard of. He said neither had he but Dr. Samir assured him it was famous and worth seeing.

Well three o’clock rolled around and I said goodbye to my roommate of two and half weeks. I am sure we will keep in contact through his blog and facebook. So now I was alone and very bored; being the weekend I was the only one here. I spent the rest of the day getting everything ready and cleaning. I had to sweep everything, mop, clean the shower, and do the dishes. I also removed all of my old food from the fridge, I have a tendency to just push food I don’t want to the back.
I ended up finding plenty of old nasty food in there.

Here is the plan of my return home. Someone will drive me from Abassa to Cairo. Dr. Elghobashy will drive me to the airport. I will get to there early to make sure everything goes right. Then I will fly British Air from Cairo to London. Three hour layover. Long flight from London to Phoenix. Take shuttle from Phoenix to Speedway and Wilmont, Tucson. Someone will give me a ride home from there. Anyone want to take my bet that it will not all go that smooth?

Got an Email from U of A saying I will get my roommate assignment tomorrow, nervous? Oh yea, I don’t need a crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Final Grade: A (it would have been A+, but there were a few typos : ) )
Well done, Professor Fitz Jr.! I'd say you are qualified to open a Tilapia farm/restaurant in Tucson anytime now as soon as you get the green tint out of your clothes. I learned a lot about fish farming too.
Come vist,
UC

Unknown said...

similarly, good food along with good room mates enhances the pleasures of life. Room mate