Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ruby Slippers

Day 53 July 13 – Ruby Slippers

Today I once again headed out to the ponds to check on the water levels of our ponds. We checked seepage and evaporation today because the workers refilled the pond this morning. Tim once again couldn’t reach the cover of the pipe so I had to go swimming. We had to record the initial water levels so future evaporation levels will be relevant. We didn’t have to change anything for the seepage, that is unaffected by the water level.

Home is getting closer and closer and I can’t wait. I’ve been away from home for long periods of time, but I have never wanted to be back in Tucson as much as I do now. Egypt is great but as Dorthy said, “there’s no place like home.” I wish I had some ruby slippers; they would be much more convenient than 17 hours of driving, jets, delays, and layovers. But I’m not looking forward to the five essays I need to write upon my return to Tucson.

I think I will talk a little about the clothes people wear here at the lab. The manual workers all wear one piece jumpsuits, similar to what you might see at a car mechanic shop. They don’t wear anything on their feet and most wear what looks like an old boonies hat. The scientist all wear long dress style pants with a long button down shirt tucked into them. They sometimes wear white lab coats if they are doing work outside of their offices.

1 comment:

Goan delicacies said...

Hey fish lover!!! it was nice reading your blog liked it truly!!!