Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Useless

Day 29 June 19 – Useless

Today was gloriously useless, I woke up at 2:30PM (might be a new personal record.) I spent the day messing around of facebook.com and watching movies. I watched Pluto Nash and Anchorman. Both of the movies were pretty stupid but my movie selection is somewhat limited. I discovered I have a next-door neighbor, a black French woman about 35, she doesn’t speak any English.
I am so tired of bread and frozen chicken.
I have had the same conversation with about three Egyptians about the election. He asked me if I supported Obama or John McCain? When I told him Obama he makes a strange face and says “but he’s African?” I thought it was strange that an African would seem surprised that I supported an African. Sorry Opa, but McCain? Not a chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, Glad you had a gloriously useless day. We all need those once in awhile. Sorry you are tired of bread and chicken. I'd think you'd be more tired of fish! We really miss you. Sounds like you are learning lots. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,

Very interesting days you have been having. Minor point of clarification from the nutrition lab, fish and vegetable oils provide fatty acids (fat). The protein in the fish meal and soybean meal provide the amino acids. Pathology lab sounds interesting, I am surpised they are not using the dissecting microscopes looking for the parasites. Much easier on the eyes.

Thinking you might call tomorrow morning, so will be by the phone.

Cheers,
Dad