Friday, April 25, 2008

Where the Farm Is


So the farm I will be working at is about 40 miles north east of Cairo. Here is a map of Egypt you can see the Suez Canal, The Red Sea, The Mediterranean, and the Sinai. As you can see the farm is located at the edge of the Nile river delta. This means the water the farm uses comes directly from the Nile. Because of this fact I am probably gonna get pretty sick, oh well.













Here is a picture of the actual farm. Many of the big shiny things you see are fields being watered, the smaller ones are fish ponds. The weather for the time I am gonna be there is supposed to be mid 90s with 70-80% humidity, fun? I will probably be living in one of those little houses. FYI those long fields are almost 1000ft long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like kind of a dreary place, but then again I don't expect you're going there for fun, Patrick.